Tuesday 23 February 2010

To enjoy, or not to enjoy... ?





I'm so confused.

I once really loved fashion and all I knew that came with it, the styles, the cuts, the aesthetics,
the originality, where the inspiration came from, the models, the hair, the make-up, the jewelry, the polished look, the relaxed look, the experiments, oh the experiments.

I want to be able to be excited about it again but feel I can't be because of how so damn awful the industry is. I don't know the ins and outs of the goings on like which designers use sweat shops and which don't, which use organic fabrics (not a lot is all I know) and which don't, but I know enough to know that we can never reeeally know where our clothes are coming from. It's putting me off and I dOn't like it.

I've been watching lots of oldy films and programmes recently where people are dressed to the nines in the fashions of the time, looking absolutely exquisite, and I would so love to be doing that right now with our current trends, but I have nooo idea who is good and who is not... ethically speaking.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm, Agatha Christie x




Enchanted April... Enchanted is right...



Could there be a more apt designer on the top of my head right now?

Poiret...





I want to get excited about fashion again but don't know where to start if my morals will only let me be enchanted by the ethical side... hmmm.

Do I still enjoy the pictures and the people wearing it even though I know where it shouldn't have come from, or do I stand my ground and go completely against it knowing that things will not be changing super dramatically within couture any time soon.
Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyy am I doing a Fashion degree?

I think i'm going to have to get back to myself on this one.

1 comment: